HVAC Service Technician
SMI is seeking a qualified HVAC Service Technician who will primarily be responsible for performing installs, repairs, and maintenance to a variety of equipment including refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers.
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation, and charging.
- Electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single-phase and three-phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read wiring diagrams. Understanding of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Heating cycle to include: identifying components in the heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and troubleshooting. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
Work Skills Required:
- Excellent written communications skills
- Possess time management skills
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Deal with difficult people
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
Must have an Apprentice License and EPA Certification with at least (5) years of trade-related work experience or any similar combination of education and experience.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
If interested, please contact Human Resources at (757) 420-470